Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time is flying by SO FAST!! I need to travel NOW!

Time is relative, and it sure seems to be speeding up the older i get! It seems like yesterday that my little girl was just a blessed 'mistake' (hehe). And look at her now... she's 19!

Was it really 10 years ago that i was in my early 40's thinking... wow... 1/2 a century is coming up fast! And this morning i woke up to the realization that sixty is the next big number! Sixty! Like... how can that happen? I don't feel any older! I still feel like i'm 25! But just a quick look at my saggy bits will tell you i'm not! Hehe.. don't worry.. i won't subject you to that horror! Although i'm much more irresponsible now, than i was when i was 25 (OH, if you can even imagine it)!

I don't really have any regrets in my life so far, other than 'that' one. The one where i didn't go to Art School, and instead got married. Like i couldn't get married AND go to school?? What was i thinking?? *sigh* Water under the bridge, and my one and only true regret.

But MAN, all i've ever wanted to do was travel! When i was younger, with little kids, i would take the kids (or the youngest one who wasn't in school), and take off on long Road Trips! I remember one said trip with said daughter, when she was 2 yrs old, while her three brothers were in school. She & i were gone for six weeks & headed down through Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada & back up to Utah and then home (Vancouver, BC). What an incredible trip! Las Vegas for the one night of the year that it rained! What a blessing! I have never seen anything so gorgeous as Las Vegas neon reflecting off the wet pavement! You should BE so lucky as to be there when it rains!

Anyway, i digress. The point is, i'm getting old fast, and i haven't been off of this continent! Well, other than Hawaii a few years ago, Japan when i was 17, Bahamas for my honeymoon, Barbados & Venezuela for my hubbie's job interview way back when i was pregnant with my first... Oh, OK, i have been off this continent. But i haven't been to Europe & Africa & Asia as a whole, etc. I want to see the world, and time is running out!

So... I need to travel NOW! My move to Yellowknife happens in 4-1/2 months (for a year), which is a lovely start to my New Life Adventure, but really, i need to get this show on the road! Before it's too late!

(BTW, this is this post with its original template) --->

4 comments:

Random Bug Bytes said...

I love how you feel you haven't been off this continent! :-P

Not a dig at all--I understand the overwhelming need to see the world and feel the same way!

Amberjoon said...

I know.. lol! When i made that statement, it seemed like i hadn't been off the continent. But once i actually thought about it and started naming them off... *blush* :-P I've been fortunate to have been able to travel a LOT in my life! But... i want more! :-) Greedy girl that i am!

Art Absolutely said...

Hey you - artsy girl - I love this blog too. I know too well what you mean about getting older, feeling 25 forever (we'll always feel like that) and the regret of not going to art school... sigh... so we make NOW the best it can be. Keep writing!

Amberjoon said...

@Art A... Yup! There's no use swimming in regret! Feel it, then let it go, and as you say, make NOW the best it can be! It's all we CAN do! :-) Thanks for your comment!